Drawing upon almost 50 years of disputes and litigation experience, Madgwicks provides legal advice and representation on regulatory compliance and investigations across various industries.
We provide commercially sound legal advice that ensures your business operations meet the standards set by a regulatory body. This is achieved by conducting thorough audits of existing processes and documentation to ensure it meets legal compliance and applicable standards, or working closely with you to draft and implement documentation and training at all levels of an organisation to ensure compliance.
Should you have a matter or incident that attracts regulatory investigation, we have the capability and experience to internally investigate the matter under client privilege, at any stage between managing communications with the regulator(s) immediately after an incident or a complaint right through to subsequent hearings before a Court, Tribunal or Disciplinary Board.
If needed, Madgwicks can draw upon our network to involve other specialist groups in providing you a centrally managed, holistic response that incorporates public relations management, forensic accounting services and insolvency and restructuring advice.
We currently work with clients in matters involving the following bodies:
- Fair Work Ombudsman
- Work Health and Safety Regulators
- The Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA)
- The Companies Auditors Disciplinary Board (CADB)
- The Tax Practitioners Board
- The Victorian Building Authority
- Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Environment Protection Authority Victoria (EPA)
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR)
- Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC)
- Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- AHPRA and the various national boards it oversees
- The Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD); and
- Various Victorian and Australian industry associations.