Ali Abachi Associate
Ali is an experienced litigator with a particular focus on commercial litigation. He has broad experience across dispute resolution, franchising disputes and compliance, corporate and personal insolvency and leasing disputes.
He has worked across sectors including financial services, retail, hospitality and fitness with clients of all sizes, from small businesses to ASX-listed entities.
He regularly works with senior managers, directors and in house counsel and their teams, as well as bank managers and financial institutions.
He has appeared in all Victorian State Courts and the Federal Circuit Court.
Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Contract law, including breach of contract disputes
- Security enforcement
- Restraint of trade
- Owners corporation disputes
- Shareholder oppression actions
- Franchising disputes
- Sports law, including tribunal and appeals board
- Corporate Governance disputes
- Commercial and retail leasing disputes
- Deed of company arrangements
Corporate and Personal insolvency
- Statutory demands / winding up applications
- Liquidations / administrations
- Personal bankruptcy
- Preference recovery actions
Business Advisory / Commercial law
- Franchising code compliance and advice
- Franchising alternative dispute resolution