Charles Thompson Senior Associate
Admitted in Australia and New Zealand as well as holding the Madgwicks Meritas Young Lawyer Representative position within the global alliance, Charles’ international perspective and top tier firm experience makes him a skilled corporate lawyer with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, finance and corporate governance.
Charles has worked on both large and small mergers and acquisitions as well as a broad range of commercial matters including sale and purchase of businesses, establishing companies, asset protection, loan documentation and security arrangements, shareholder and unitholder agreements and directors’ duties and shareholders’ rights.
His clients include large proprietary companies, small to medium companies, high-net worth individuals and trusts.
Charles’ positive attitude, eye for detail and personable manner serve him well when engaging with clients and ensuring services are provided to a high standard.
Key focus areas:
- Corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Advising on the purchase of an Australian biomedical company by a listed American corporation.
- Advising on a multi-million dollar finance facility for one of Australia’s largest privately held companies.
- Advising on the sale of Australia’s leading supplier to the kitchenware and homewares industries in Australia and New Zealand.
- Advising on the merger of two of Australia’s largest fresh produce businesses.
- Advising on the sale of a number of Melbourne’s leading restaurants and cafes.