Cherry Tan Lawyer
Cherry has a broad range of experience in the area of corporate and commercial law. Having practised in in-house legal teams and a Big 4 accounting firm prior to joining Madgwicks, Cherry brings to the firm a wide range of commercial experience in the areas of financials services law, general commercial law and taxation law.
At Madgwicks, Cherry regularly assists clients from a range of different industries in business acquisitions for vendors and purchasers, funds management, intellectual property, privacy and general commercial matters.
Cherry is well regarded for her ability to understand clients’ key commercial objectives and the interests of stakeholders, and provides commercial and strategic advice tailored to the specific matter and client, from her prior experience in in-house legal teams.
Cherry’s experience includes:
- Establishing companies and advising on structuring, asset protection and corporate governance
- Establishing and advising on discretionary and unit trusts
- Advising on the sale and purchase of businesses and shares
- Reviewing and drafting commercial contracts
- Advising on taxation law
- Privacy law compliance
- Advising on regulatory, governance and compliance issues in the funds management space
- Advising on retail and wholesale managed investment schemes
- Reviewing franchise agreements