Cynthia Mechaalani Associate
A strong negotiator able to provide ‘out of the box’ solutions, Cynthia is a talented lawyer specialising in telecommunications leasing and licences, retail and commercial leasing, adverse possession, and sale and acquisition of property.
Cynthia regularly advises and negotiates leases and licences for one of Australia’s largest telecommunications providers, working opposite a range of stakeholders including corporate landlords, owner’s corporations, hospitals, airports and government departments. This high volume leasing for jurisdictions spans Australia wide and is a technical and specialised area of law.
Cynthia also works with large landlords of shopping centres and office buildings, and negotiates their retail and commercial leasing portfolio as well as working with large educational institutions regarding the acquisition of schools.
Cynthia is a responsive worker who provides high quality work quickly that provides simple, practical and easy to understand advice for clients.
Key focus areas:
- Telecommunications Leases and Licences
- Greenfield leases and licences
- Rooftop leases and licences
- In-building coverage licences
- Retail and commercial leases and licences
- Sale and acquisition of property
- Adverse possession claims
- Documenting a large volume of leases and licences in NSW, ACT and QLD for one of Australia’s largest telecommunications providers and working opposite a range of stakeholders.
- Advising a Council on the application of section 4(5) of the Cultural and Recreational Lands Act 1963 (Vic) and the practicalities of the ratings provision.
- Managing leasing portfolios of fringe Melbourne CBD buildings.
- Conducts due diligence for large acquisitions.