Grant Walker Senior Associate
Grant Walker advises commercial and individual clients from a diverse range of industries on litigious and insolvency related matters banking and finance litigation and commercial litigation.
He has worked on a broad range of complex litigious commercial disputes, insolvency and corporate reconstruction matters, including acting for liquidators, administrators, receivers, private companies and directors.
He has conducted litigationin all Victorian Courts and Tribunals, including the Court of Arbitration for Sport and the Supreme Court Court of Appeal.
Grant advises across a range of commercial legal areas, in particular:
- director and company related disputes such as complicated director and partnership disputes and shareholder oppression cases
- banking and finance, insolvency and restructuring, including advising and acting on behalf of business and individual consumers in relation to banking disputes. or matters involving companies in credit distress
- tort-based litigation
- Australian sports law, in particular disputes relating to anti-doping, governance, and appearing at disciplinary tribunals
Grant is well regarded by clients for his ability to understand their desired outcome, devise a strategy to achieve it and negotiate all stages of a matter with this outcome in mind.
Grant’s Madgwicks Moment: There have been many brilliant moments, though seeing one client’s tears of joy and relief after we succeeded in their case is a fantastic memory. I value the fact that what we do really matters.
- Banking & finance disputes
- Director disputes
- Contract disputes
- Property and leasing disputes
- Trade practices disputes
Banking and finance
- Advising businesses and consumers
- Guarantee disputes
- Lending disputes
- Banking compliance issues
- Enforcement of mortgage and other securities
- Recovery of debts
- Statutory demands / winding up applications
- Liquidations / administrations
- Tribunal hearings
- Team selection issues