James Christodoulakis Partner
Trusted to represent one of the world’s largest restaurant chains on a range of property matters, James’ composed attitude and strategic outlook on leasing, property development and commercial law matters has resulted in a loyal client base appreciative of the hassle-free outcomes he achieves.
James practices in the areas of commercial property and leasing, property development and commercial law with particular specialisations in developments, property syndications/ structuring, leasing, property litigation and joint ventures and other commercial agreements.
His ability to see the commercial impact of decisions and issues and his experience in both commercial and property law ensures he is a trusted adviser to his clients and plays an important guiding role within their business at large.
James’ experience includes acting for a large national logistics company on a number of property matters as well as on general commercial matters such as supply chain and distribution contracts. Additionally James has acted for the land owner and developer of a market leading hardware retailer on their first inner city, multi storey development.
James represents a diverse range of clients which have included high net worth private individuals and family businesses to some of the largest corporations in the country. James has also acted for a number of government and statutory authorities including Melbourne City Council and the ATO.
Key focus areas:
- Property syndications/structuring
- Property litigation
- Joint ventures and other commercial agreements
- Acting in complex negotiations for sales and acquisitions of residential, commercial and industrial sites and sale documentation.
- Property development including property joint ventures, development management, project management and consultancy agreements.
- Managing high volume off-the-plan sales and contract administration.
- Property syndications and managed investment schemes.
- Finance issues including security and mezzanine debt financing arrangements.
- Undertaking property and contract due diligence investigations.
- Advising on Capital Gains Tax, GST, stamp duty and land tax issues affecting property transactions.
- Leasing including commercial, industrial and retail leases & lease disputes.
- Appearances before the Small Business Commissioner, VCAT and the Supreme Court.