Jen Severn Senior Associate
Commercially strategic with a plain English, common sense approach, Jen is an experienced property lawyer who has worked on a range of complex property transactions.
Jen has acted for vendors, purchasers, lenders and liquidators in various acquisitions and sales and is experienced with the various unique issues and nuances affecting all stakeholders in each transaction. Jen has particular experience advising on off-the-plan contracts from purchase of the site to completion as well as experience in rural sales and acquisitions including the transfer of water shares as well as leasing.
Jen is well regarded for her commerciality, pragmatic approach to legal issues and ability to understand key property objectives and provide strategic advice that achieves the expected outcomes and caters to the individual needs of each client.
Key focus areas:
- property development
- off-the-plan residential, commercial, industrial and greenfield developments
- off-the-plan residential and commercial sales and acquisitions
- sales and acquisitions of commercial, industrial and residential properties
- rural sales and acquisitions including water share transfer requirements
- sale and acquisition of residential/retirement living sites
- due diligence of commercial office buildings, vineyards and primary production land
- future residential/retirement living sites and industrial sites
- complex settlements
- advising on stamp duty matters, PEXA settlements and Duties Online