Laurance Davis Partner
Laurance Davis joined Madgwicks in August 2008 and brings diverse experience (30 years) to both the finance and property, and the corporate finance teams.
On the finance side Laurance represents banks and finance companies, specialist financial aggregators, private lenders and corporate borrowers, and is also active in structured and equity arrangements particularly in the property and property development areas.
Laurance was a founding director of the PLAN Australia Group of Companies, and remains actively involved in legal finance discussions and industry groups.
Laurance’s expertise in corporate finance also extends to drafting and negotiating loan facility and security documents, equity participation, debt finance and syndications from a property perspective. Laurance’s combined experience in property and finance allow him to provide the full suite of legal advice to developers and financiers, from the commencement of a development project, including funding and finance requirements as well as contractual and legal due diligence, right through to the completion of the project.
In the property area, Laurance acts for a number of medium and large developers and investors and is active in negotiating and structuring large-scale acquisitions for high rise multi-use and broad acre developments. Laurance advises on joint venture and syndicated structuring, and is also active in the civil construction area with a focus on acquisitions and development. Laurance is also experienced in subdivisions, debt and equity options, property options, put/call agreements and sale/lease back transactions.
Laurance’s Madgwicks Moment: Being the Team Lead of our Property & Finance team and watching it grow from 11 to a team of 23 highly committed people over a two-year period!
- Loan Agreements
- Security Documentation
- Structured Finance
- Specialised Finance – Factoring & Discounting
- Turnkey Finance & Syndicated Lending
- Construction Funding – Tripartite Step-in Deeds, Priority Deeds & Security for Payments Legislation
- Legal Due Diligence
- Acquisitions & Sales
- Agreements for Lease & Leases
- Development Structuring – Joint Ventures, Trusts, Syndication & Partnership Agreements
- Negotiation of Funding Facilities & Security Documentation
- Dealing with Councils & Government Instrumentalities
- Consultants Agreements & Documentation
- Template Contract Documentation & Multi-Lot/Apartment/Townhouse Sales & Settlements
- Construction Contacts
- Constructor Funding