Peter Holdsworth Special Counsel
An industry recognised wills and estates and wealth management specialist with extensive qualifications and a business background, Peter is a pragmatic lawyer trusted by his client base.
Peter is recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a Recommended Wills, Estates & Succession Planning Lawyer and, having previously worked as an accountant, is uniquely placed to provide a holistic strategy and outcome to estates, intergenerational businesses and estate planning.
Peter has experience in advanced wills, including testamentary trusts; powers of attorney (financial, medical and corporate); estate planning for clients; family agreements; the sale and purchase of businesses; probate and estate administration; family and estate dispute resolution and trusts and superannuation.
Peter regularly provides advice in relation to asset protection, farm and business succession planning, family trusts as well as the provision of sophisticated wills incorporating testamentary discretionary and/or mandatory trusts. His broad experience in succession, tax, trust and corporation law as well as private wealth advisory enables him to identify and implement advanced estate planning solutions.
Peter is admitted in the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Courts of New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia. Peter holds a Master of Laws as well as a Bachelor of Business, Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning and a Diploma of Corporate Management.
Key focus areas:
- Advance wills, including testamentary trusts
- Powers of Attorney – financial, medical and corporate
- Estate planning for clients with structures – Trusts, SMSFs, partnerships
- Family Agreements
- Sale and purchase of business
- Probate and estate administration
- Family and estate dispute resolution
- Trusts and superannuation
- Structuring estate planning arrangements (including wills) to facilitate or provide for:
- Farm succession
- Business succession
- Disabled beneficiaries
- Asset protection
- Structuring inter-vivos intergenerational transfer of family wealth
- Implementing business succession arrangements for large and small businesses.
- Mediation and settlement of terms to resolve family and estate disputes.
- Estate disputes and advice.