Sazz Nasimi Partner
A tenacious litigation lawyer who approaches issues with a ‘dog to the bone’ mentality to achieve successful outcomes for his clients, Sazz is a commercial litigation and insolvency lawyer who finds novel solutions to complex problems.
Sazz has extensive experience in commercial disputes in both state and federal jurisdictions and is regularly called to advise both liquidators and corporations in this area. Sazz’s experience includes corporate and personal insolvency; commercial litigation; tax litigation; property finance and lending; sports law; white collar crime; partnership disputes and cryptocurrency.
As an experienced commercial litigator with a tenacious approach, Sazz has had involvement in various commercial disputes including having acted for individuals and corporations in corporate and personal insolvency; landlords and tenants in Retail Leasing disputes; individual and corporations in matter pertaining to breach of director’s duties and white collar crime; and shareholders in shareholder oppression matters.
Sazz is of the philosophy that good communication is essential for client satisfaction and therefore he makes a point of understanding his clients’ business and needs before providing any advice. For Sazz, solving a problem is only half the task – the other half is to convert it into an opportunity.
Key focus areas:
- Corporate insolvency and reconstruction
- Personal insolvency and reconstruction
- Commercial litigation
- Property finance and lending
- Sports Law
- White Collar Crime
- Tax litigation
- Partnership disputes
- Successfully negotiating the retirement of receivers appointed to a company holding assets of over $20 million.
- Acting for a public servant accused of embezzling over $4 million from the state government.
- Acting for and advising lenders in transactions in excess of $5 million.
- Acting for and advising two of Victoria largest waste removal and recycling companies.
- Acting for public figures in relation to charges brought against them by IBAC in longstanding matter.
- Acting for companies challenging ATO assessments.