Tim Greenall Special Counsel
Commercially savvy with over 30 years of experience, Tim provides pragmatic employment advice to his clients.
Tim advises on all aspects of employment law including enterprise bargaining, equal opportunity, entitlements and awards interpretation, termination and dismissal disputes, disciplinary process and termination and restructuring and redundancy.
Tim acts for employers across a broad range of industries including retail and manufacturing, professional services, higher education and research, in addition to executives and managers on their individual employment issues. Tim is also able to assist with policy development, implementation and training.
Tim is an accredited mediator and regularly advises employers in relation to mediations and conciliations, bringing a strategic approach to the resolution of workplace issues and problems.
Tim represents clients in the Fair Work Commission as well as all Victorian and Federal Courts. He holds a Masters of Law from the London School of Economics and is a Sessional Lecturer at La Trobe Law School, Presenter at the Leo Cussen Institute and former chairperson of the Workplace Relations section of the Law Institute of Victoria.
Key focus areas:
- Employment & Enterprise Agreements
- Entitlements & Award Interpretation
- Termination & Dismissal Disputes
- Disciplinary Process & Termination
- General Workplace Compliance
- Restructuring & Redundancy
- Transfer of Business
- Policy Development, Implementation & Training
- Advising a large energy generation company on the closure of its regional Victoria facility, the decommissioning of the plant and the redundancy of the workforce.
- Instigating Supreme Court proceedings to restrain a CEO from joining a competitor in the retail industry.
- Advising an ASX-listed entity on a workplace investigation relating to a breach of the company’s insider trading policy.
- Representing a property developer in relation to a Fair Work Ombudsman investigation into sham contracting, successfully staving off any prosecution.
- Defending a major WorkSafe prosecution involving a fatality in the construction industry.
- Negotiating numerous high profile executive terminations and golden handshakes.
- Representing CEO’s and senior managers in bullying investigations.