Commercially minded and with ‘on the ground’ experience that provides insight into stakeholders’ perspectives, Aleksandar is a perceptive lawyer with a pragmatic understanding of litigation and insolvency.
Aleksandar has experience working across an array of disputes including contractual, retail and commercial leasing, employment law, property, shareholder, and trust disputes with a particular interest in building and construction disputes. With this extensive experience in commercial disputes, Aleksandar has advised both singular shareholders and directors as well as companies and businesses. He has experience in multi-jurisdictional matters as well as complex matters based in other Australian states. He has appeared in VCAT, the Magistrates Court, County Court, Supreme Court of Victoria, and the Federal Circuit Court.
In addition to significant disputes and litigation experience, Aleksandar also has extensive insolvency expertise. His experience includes representing liquidators and administrators, receivers and managers as well as creditors and third parties with an interest in the administration or liquidation of a company. He has also acted both for and against controllers. This duality of perspective and ability to understand views of all stakeholders allows Aleksandar to take a well-rounded approach to insolvency issues. In addition, Aleksandar has experience with unfair preference claims, disputes between creditors in a liquidation, enforcing security interests, PPSR registration issues and conflicts relating to PPSR as well as negotiating Deed of Company Arrangements.
Armed with a background in business, Aleksandar is able to provide holistic advice by taking into consideration the legal implications as well as the commercial realities of a legal dispute and come up with a commercially pragmatic solution that is successful on all fronts. Fluent in Macedonian, Aleksandar is a talented lawyer who takes a genuine interest with those he works with.
- Advised and acted for liquidator in a PPSR and secured interest dispute regarding a luxury motor vehicle
- Acted for real estate agents in restraint of trade disputes
- Successfully acted in a commercial arbitration regarding IT services
- Advised and acted for directors in relation to Director Penalty Notices issued by the ATO
- Successfully negotiated a number of settlements for landlords regarding commercial and retail tenancy disputes
- Advised on and acted for corporate and individual victims of fraud in enforcing their civil rights
- Strategically defending unfair preference claims
- Advising and acting for builders, contractors, subcontractors and property owners in commercial and residential building disputes