With experience across numerous areas of law, Alexandra is a driven lawyer with demonstrated proficiency in disputes and property. Thorough and detail orientated, Alexandra brings a strategic approach to legal matters while understanding the legal and commercial needs of clients.
Alexandra is experienced in assisting in advocating for business owners in a broad range of industries based in Victoria and NSW. She regularly advises clients on a range of matters including insolvency, property and construction disputes, and contractual and director and shareholder disputes.
- Successfully acted in proving a creditor-defeating disposition, part of the recent Anti-Phoenixing Laws
- Drafted constitution and terms of trade for a growing franchise to update their corporate documents to keep them protected from changing market circumstances
- Acting for liquidators in various matters; unfair preference matters in acting for former directors, claims against directors and providing advice to creditors
- Advising in a major Federal Court matter involving a dispute valued at over AU$100m
- Acting on significant matters in the building and construction industries; arbitration between construction company's and property developers, adjudication between construction company's and property developers
Alexandra is an effective communicator and detail driven practitioner working within Madgwicks’ industry recognised litigation and insolvency team.