With practical in-house experience and the ability to provide concise, commercial advice, Diana is a Workplace Relations and Employment expert.
Diana has extensive experience in bargaining and enterprise agreement making, managing workplace change and restructuring, terminations, disputes, workplace investigations, HR training and policies, remuneration and benefits and business protection issues. Diana also regularly advises clients on compliance issues including awards and enterprise agreement interpretation and Fair Work Ombudsman investigations.
Working closely with our Commercial team, Diana advises on employment related issues arising from mergers and acquisitions including undertaking due diligence audits and advising on sale and purchase agreements. This includes ancillary work relating to recognition of entitlements and service, transfer of employment documentation and managing redundancies.
Diana has advised on COVID-19 employment related issues including stand downs, variation to pay and hours of work, JobKeeper and managing casual workforces.
Diana works closely with HR and management teams and can provide practical solutions to complex issues which take into account the day to day realities of running a business.
Diana works with a range of clients in a variety of industries, including retail, restaurant, fast food and quick service, real estate, franchising, medical research and professional services.
Due to previous experience working at an immigration law firm, Diana is uniquely placed to understand and advise in relation to the engagement of foreign employees.
- Advised a labour hire company how to manage casuals on JobKeeper who were refusing to work, allowing the business to subsequently defend an unfair dismissal claim
- Assisted a national franchisor to roll out a series of enterprise agreements across its network
- Conducted a workplace investigation into an employee’s use of a work vehicle and his involvement in a road accident causing a fatality
- Advised not-for-profit employers on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations and testing
- Advised the administrators of a business on the vendor’s liability for post-completion discretionary bonuses paid to transferring employees
- Advised a private debt investment firm on employment-related risks associated with their potential investment in a group of related companies