A strategic thinker with an innovative global outlook, Marina leads the Madgwicks Corporate team. Marina is highly experienced in providing strategic corporate advice that results in successful outcomes as well as recognising and opening opportunities for her high-profile clients.
Commercially minded and possessing more than 25 years of experience, Marina works on:
- Mergers, Acquisitions & Sales;
- Legal Due Diligence;
- Corporate Advisory/Governance;
- Commercial Contracts; and
- Business Advisory.
Marina’s clients include large and mid-cap sized private companies, multi-nationals, public financial services institutions, accounting practices, other professional service firms, and high net worth individuals in Australia and overseas.
- Acted for public financial services institution listed on New York Stock Exchange in acquisition of Australian company with overseas branches including legal due diligence and overall project management.
- Represented vendor in sale of one of Australia's most recognised retail franchise brands to its major competitor.
- Acted for purchaser in acquisition of iconic Australian licensed hotel and gaming venue.
- Acted in relation to all aspects of the sale of the business and business premises of Nutrition Care Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd, a privately owned Melbourne-based business, to a subsidiary of a publicly listed company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange known as Ausnutria Dairy Corporation Ltd. Details of the sale were published in the Australian Financial Review.
- Representing multinational groups to establish offices in Australia including structuring considerations, lease and employee arrangements and protection of intellectual property.
- Assisting United States owned Australian subsidiary and distributor to manage labelling issue on safety related products.
- Representing the distributor of medical devices and instruments in the sale of its business to an international buyer group, including providing advice in respect of structuring the transaction, responding to due diligence enquiries, negotiating sale documentation and navigating contemporaneous legal proceedings.
- Amalgamation of Australian subsidiaries with international parent company including obtaining Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB) approval, preparation of transaction documentation including transfer of employees, assets, intellectual property, leases and material contracts.
Marina is also involved with the not-for-profit membership organisation Australian Sports Technologies Network (ASTN) since its formation, working with the leadership team and providing legal coaching to the membership base to assist in the promotion of the commercialisation, development and promotion of Australian-inspired sports technologies.