A highly respected lawyer practicing exclusively in property law, Nicola is a detail-oriented professional specialising in telecommunications, retail and commercial leasing and licensing.
Nicola is also a sought-after retail leasing lawyer exclusively managing the leasing portfolios of landlords of shopping centres and office buildings in the Melbourne CBD and the south-eastern suburbs. Nicola takes a holistic approach with her clients allowing her to act for landlord clients on all aspects of the matter across a range of legal issues, whether it be drafting tailor-made documents to meet the landlord’s individual needs, maintaining their leasing portfolio or providing enforceability and other ad hoc advice.
As well as working with landlords of shopping centres and office buildings, negotiating their retail and commercial leasing portfolios Nicola also works with tenants and their advocates in negotiating retail and commercial leases.
In addition, Nicola regularly provides general property advice including adverse possession and restrictive covenant advice. Nicola is a regular author and thought leader on all facets of property law and is well versed in industry updates and developments.
Nicola has managed a national portfolio of high-volume telecommunications leases and advised and negotiated leases and licences for one of Australia’s largest telecommunications providers. In this capacity, Nicola worked opposite a range of stakeholders including corporate landlords, government agencies, councils, owner’s corporations, hospitals, and airports.
Nicola is the Madgwicks Meritas Young Lawyer Liaison and works with an international cohort of lawyers on initiatives fostering education and networking opportunities across the world. She is also a Co-Founder of networking group ProFresh Leading Ladies connecting like-minded professionals to share their experiences and succeed in their professional and personal lives. Nicola is actively involved in the Melbourne business community.
- Acting on the national portfolio for a telecommunications carrier across various states and projects.
- Providing niche leasing and property advice to a national telecommunications carrier and its effect on its assets.
- Managing landlord portfolios for retail shopping centres and commercial buildings in Melbourne, inner fringe and south-eastern suburbs.
- Drafting tailor-made precedent lease and agreement for lease documents for landlords to use for recent acquisitions and developments.
- Acted for an unlisted fund in relation to national leasing arrangements with government entities.
- Acted on behalf of a multinational trading company for its leasing matters.
- Advised a charity regarding property acquisition mechanisms and options for the extinguishment of easements.
- Advised developers in relation to covenant removal.
- Acted on behalf of an unlisted fund in relation to the sale of a property asset ($9 million).
- Assisted a property group in its due diligence in the acquisition of a commercial building in the eastern suburbs ($18 million).
- Acting for landlords and tenants in relation to COVID-19 affected leases.
- Assisted a luxury retailer in relation to its leases across various states affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.