As the implications stemming from COVID-19 continue to evolve, Madgwicks’ priority is to ensure the health of our staff, clients and the broader community.
We have established a COVID-19 Leadership Group that is meeting daily to assess the situation and monitor advice provided by official channels to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our people and the community. As such, we have implemented various measures in line with advice from the Australian Government Department of Health, State Health Authorities, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and the World Health Organisation. These measures include:
- We have cancelled all international and domestic business travel.
- For the past six weeks Madgwicks has required all staff returning from overseas destinations to self-isolate for 14 days. This will continue in line with the Federal Government’s new travel advice.
- We have implemented extensive internal safety measures including directing our people to stay home if they have flu-like symptoms and self-quarantine after suspected or possible exposure.
- In addition, we are maintaining a log of all visitors to our office with clients and suppliers being asked about recent travel upon entry. Those who have travelled or transited through high risk countries are advised to not visit our offices.
- We continue to highlight and educate staff on the importance of office hygiene and have introduced additional cleaning measures to maintain the healthiest work environment possible.
- We are requesting only essential client meetings are held on site at the Madgwicks office and, where possible, instead aim to have telephone or video conferences with clients and contacts.
- We have regrettably cancelled all functions at our offices and have asked our staff to avoid unnecessary external work-related marketing or client events especially involving numbers of people in confined spaces.
- We have measures in place that allow our people to work remotely and are making additional investments in our remote working infrastructure.
- Madgwicks has a Business Continuity Plan in place to ensure we can continue to successfully serve our clients regardless of the implications that may result due to this evolving situation.
We recognise that this is a challenging time for many of our clients and contacts and we are proud to be able to continue work together to support our community throughout this period. We will continue to keep you updated with articles and information about the ramifications of the coronavirus on our digital and social media channels.
We thank you for your understanding as we continue to work together to minimise the risks presented by COVID-19.