Madgwicks was delighted to host Evans & Partners as they presented their highly informative and very insightful seminar “Emerging Pressure: An in depth look at the economic state of play” to a full boardroom.
Tim Rocks, Chief Investment Officer and Adam Alexander, Australian Equities Portfolio Manager at Evans & Partners identified concerns in the market, bright spots and provided attendees with invaluable advice on taking advantage of the projected economic state of play.
Key themes considered in the presentation included:
- A consideration of the current economic climate in both Australia and overseas, as well as risk factors.
- Tim considered a number of perceived ‘worry’ areas such as Trump’s presidency, political upheaval in China and their major reform agenda (including ‘beautiful China’ and deleveraging) and the risks posed to resources.
- Tim also considered the impact of fiscal spending and rising inflation as well as the pressure emerging market currencies are facing.
- However despite the pressure points and areas of concern, all regions are growing together and earnings booming.
- Australian businesses report high levels of confidence and despite a slight weakening of the housing market, concerns are overblown.
- Opportunities exist through a consumer boom in China, global healthcare and demands for LNG in China.
We thank Tim and Adam for their perceptive and insightful comments and generosity in sharing their knowledge!