In its third year, Madgwicks’ AFL-themed luncheon – Before the Bounce – which took place on 3 March 2017, surpassed firm expectations in raising both the profile and funds for the firm’s Charity of the Year, Alzheimer’s Australia Victoria.
The luncheon was hosted by Network Ten news anchor, Stephen Quartermain. Contributing to the event’s success was this year’s star-studded panel, which included:
- Mike Fitzpatrick – Chairman of the AFL Commission, former Carlton champion, and Premiership Captain
- Shane Crawford – Channel 9 personality, former Hawthorn champion, and Brownlow Medallist
- Billy Brownless – Channel 9 personality and former Geelong champion
All three sporting legends gave insight into the world of AFL, shared views on where the juggernaut’s future is headed, and provided personal views on what to expect in the upcoming 2017 season.
CEO for Alzheimer’s Australia, Maree McCabe, spoke on the challenges and obstacles faced by approximately 413,106 Australians currently living with dementia, and the impact the disease has on their families.
Madgwicks’ Partner, Peter Kennedy, commented that: “This annual luncheon has become a highly anticipated event with our lawyers and our sport-loving clients. We are proud that each year we are able to make a sizeable donation to our Charity of the Year, and this year is no exception. There is no doubt that this event was our best to date, and we look forward to finalising the amount raised for a tremendously worthy cause.
“I cannot thank our speakers enough for kindly donating their time and insights in helping to make this event the success that it was, our clients for recognising the value in purchasing tickets to attend, and external organisations for donating their products and services.”
Madgwicks would like to thank the following for their generous contributions:
- Floktu – for being our primary ticketing sponsor
- Queen Street Flower Co – for donating table centrepieces
- Sydney Swans Football Club – for donating a signed team jumper
- Hawthorn Football Club – for donating a signed team jumper
- St Kilda Football Club – for donating a “Match Day Experience” for four people
- Barry Plant Narre Warren – for conducting our live auction
Alzheimer’s Australia Victoria is the charity and peak body representing people, of all ages, with all forms of dementia in Victoria.
Madgwicks is a Melbourne-based commercial law firm with more than 40 fee earners and 100 staff. Madgwicks’ lawyers are highly experienced legal professionals, providing outcome focused legal solutions for organisations and individuals.
As a driving member of Meritas (one of the world’s largest international affiliations of independent law firms) in the Australian/New Zealand region, Madgwicks can provide clients with access to over 7454 lawyers in 182 firms across 84 countries.