Madgwicks’ Between the Bounce Charity Lunch has once again delighted footy fans for the fourth year running.
The luncheon, held to support Madgwicks’ Charity of the Year the Lighthouse Foundation, was hosted by Network Ten news anchor Stephen Quartermain. He was joined by a star-studded panel including:
- Mick Molloy – comedian and Triple M drive show host
- Sam Lane – Channel 7 personality, journalist and author
- Chloe Molloy – AFLW player for Collingwood
All three provided some great insight into the world of AFL, the rise of the AFLW, Mick’s delight at the Tiger’s grand final win and their personal views on what to expect this AFL season.
Founder of the Lighthouse Foundation, Susan Barton AM, spoke to the packed room about the challenges facing over 44,000 young homeless people in Australia today. Her impassioned speech left many in the room inspired to take action after hearing some truly heartbreaking stories of abuse and neglect.
IMAGE 1: L to R: Mick Molloy, David Galbally AM QC, Chloe Molloy, Stephen Quartermain, Sam Lane & Susan Barton AM
Madgwicks would like to thank the following for their generous contributions:
- Sydney Swans Football Club – for donating a signed pair of Josh Kennedy’s boots from the 2016 grand final
- Etihad Stadium – for donating 4 x Medallion Club tickets
- Peter Edwards, Chairman of the Lighthouse Foundation – for donating a Ferrari Experience
- Ryan Currie, Partner at Nelson Alexander – for conducting our auction
The Lighthouse Foundation provides homeless young people from backgrounds of long-term neglect and abuse, with a home, a sense of family, and around-the-clock therapeutic care that is individually tailored, trauma informed and proven to work.