The Madgwicks Workplace Relations team will help you best prepare your business to minimise the risk of workplace conflicts, provide a safe and fair workplace for your employees and comply with constantly evolving laws and legislation. From employment law, industrial relations, workplace investigations and occupational health and safety, to workers compensation, workplace change and restructuring, mediation and training, the Madgwicks Workplace Relations team can assist.
In addition, Madgwicks can assist with employment disputes and has worked on a number of very significant and high-profile cases with favourable outcomes for employers.
At Madgwicks we know that a fundamental part of a business is its people. Our Workplace Relations team understands the delicate nature of employment and workplace issues and is renowned for its knowledge and expertise. The team’s focus is on assisting clients to achieve their commercial and workplace cultural aims by managing people-related risks and to find solutions to complex employment/employee situations.
Being proactive, understanding risk and preventing conflict are the best strategies for handling legal issues when it comes to the workplace and employment. Our skilled Workplace Relations team hosts regular discussion groups for HR executives and senior managers to ensure their business is on the front foot in issues relating to people and the workplace.
Our services include:
- Employment law
- Industrial relations
- Enterprise bargaining
- Restraint of trade
- Employment agreements
- Employment terminations and disputes
- Independent contractors
- Anti-discrimination and equal opportunity
- Workplace investigations
- Occupational health and safety
- Transfer of business
- Workers compensation
- Strategic workplace change and restructuring
- Workplace mediation
- Workplace training
- HR strategy and support
Workplace Health and Safety
Engaged, safe and healthy employees are a vital part of any business. The Madgwicks Workplace Safety team understands the importance of this as well as the commercial realities of running a business and are proud to work with our clients to advise on all aspects of workplace health and safety (WHS) matters.
The Madgwicks Workplace Health and Safety team acts for a broad range of clients across a number of key industries including government departments, international clients, manufacturing, rail logistics, independent schools, major construction companies, major supermarket chains, oil and gas, transport and major construction. We assist clients across a number of workplace structures from government and large private companies to contracting arrangements and consultants.
Our services include:
- Providing work health and safety advice
- Providing WorkCover advice including managing ill and injured worker, statutory benefits and Workplace Industry Classification disputes
- Advising on compliance, chain of responsibility, and work health and safety representation advice
- Responding to and assisting clients manage workplace incidents
- Responding to and dealing with regulators
- Representing clients on WHS prosecutions and coronial inquests.
- Advising on managing and dealing with workplace incidents and bullying complaints and investigations
- Providing WHS training from employee level all the way to the board
- Undertaking legal compliance reviews of existing safety management systems
Partner Luisa Gonzaga is available 24/7 to assist with safety incidents. Please do not hesitate to contact her at any time on +61 438 525 751 .