Commercially astute with hands on experience in property development and operating an international business, Chris is an experienced property lawyer with considerable commercial acumen.
Chris’ experience includes sale and purchase of residential and commercial property, preparing deeds of variation and cancellation; reviewing and drafting master off the plan land and building contracts; retail and commercial leasing, deeds of variation, renewals and surrenders; acting for Landlords in relation to property re-entries; advising property developers in relation to restrictive covenants and variation/removal; and drafting loan agreements, general security agreements and mortgages. Chris regularly works with businesses, private investors and high net worth individuals.
Chris’ diverse background has seen him manage a successful vertically integrated clothing business and oversee a number of property developments. His broad range of vocations has afforded Chris the ability to combine his business and legal acumen in delivering practical legal advice to his clients.
- Acting for property developers including advising in relation to, and lodging of NICO and multi lot subdivision plans as well as preparing off the plan contracts of sale and vendors statements;
- Reviewing, negotiating and advising in relation to s173 Agreements;
- Preparing contracts of sale and vendors statements for residential development, commercial, retail and industrial sites;
- Acting for a client in the removal of an EPA s.62A Clean Up Notice;
- Negotiating, drafting and settling of commercial and retail leases as well as deeds of assignment, surrender and variation; and
- Acting for landlords in lease re-entry due to tenant default.