Madgwicks can advise on how to proactively protect your business from cyber and data security risks from the commercial, operational and legal approaches.
It has never been more important for businesses to have control over their information. The mandatory data breach notification laws in force in Australia, together with the online migration of many operational aspects of a business now mean your business will fall under international privacy laws and jurisdictions.
Just about every business in every industry collects sensitive information from a variety of sources; client databases, online and offline payment transactions, websites and surveys are just some of the avenues from which your business may collect valuable data.
Our team will advises you how to collect and store sensitive information in a manner that is legally compliant, commercially useful and efficient in process. We’ll also help you beyond just compliance; advising you on how to mitigate the risk of data breaches and legally managing customer information on external platforms such as cloud-based software-as-a-service platforms, websites and social networks.
- Advising on planning against data breach events
- Advising on how to respond in the early stages of a data breach event
- Advising on subsequent disclosure obligations and recovery from participants
- Guidance on responding to queries from law enforcement and other regulatory bodies
- Procurement and implementation of cyber insurance programs, including assisting with claims