As businesses negotiate the ever changing emerging technology trends and compliance risks, new technologies, increased regulation and a growing cyber threat will pose ongoing challenges and immense opportunities for Australian organisations. How does a computer comply with the required “best interests” obligations under the Corporations Act 2001? How do you best allocate risk and responsibility where a machine is performing the task, driving the car, calculating the sums? Organisations willing to embrace the opportunity but yet still apply an appropriate commercial filter and ensure compliance are set to benefit most.
The Madgwicks’ Technology team works closely with businesses across a broad range of sectors and of varying levels to achieve the above aim and regularly advises clients on implementing these new technologies. This includes advising in relation to network services and cloud-based services, data-centre related services, and the procurement and supply of technology and telecommunications services more broadly. On larger transactions we have advised on managing technology contracts during the implementation, run and transition out phases. We have assisted a number of our clients in the effective implementation of statement of work programmes and renegotiations as well as the remediation of major transformation projects.
Services we offer include:
- Technology and telecommunications contracting and advice
- Major system supply and procurement contracts
- Offshoring and cross border projects
- Content licensing, fixed and mobile network service arrangements
- Cloud, managed services, co-lo, and hosting arrangements
- Advice and assistance regarding data breach events including advising on new data breach notification laws
- Undertaking comprehensive privacy audits and reporting on compliance with privacy laws
- Preparation of privacy policies taking into account privacy principles relevant to specific organisations
- Preparation of “collection statements” in relation to collection, use and disclosure of personal information
- Preparation of suitable consents in relation to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information
- Preparation of trans border data transfer agreements
- Providing tailored training to organisations in relation to the above