Whether your business is pursuing a dispute or has a claim brought against it, being well prepared puts you in the best possible position to get a favourable outcome. And that’s the whole point of this exercise… to find an outcome or a way through.
With all the disputes and litigation matters our lawyers advise on, we make it our business to ensure that we understand the big picture. Will our client’s reputation be harmed, even if we get a short-term win? Will this action decrease the value of their business tomorrow and make it less attractive when selling it in the future? Will this action damage an important relationship beyond repair?
Unlike most litigators who simply present options to their clients, we give our clients a well thought out recommendation. There’s not much point winning the battle if you lose the war.
Our Dispute Resolution & Litigation Team handles disputes and litigation in commercial property, enforcing securities and loan recoveries, intellectual property, employment law and industrial relations, disputes between directors and shareholders, disputes involving mergers and acquisitions, actions against borrowers and guarantors, contractual disputes, and actions arising out of personal and corporate insolvency.
Whatever the outcome is that you need to achieve, you’ll want an experienced advisor on your side. We’ll help you prepare and provide you with a recommended course of action so that you get the best long-term result for your business.
The services we provide in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution area include:
- Initiating and defending disputes in all courts
- Mediation and other forms of dispute resolution
- Intellectual property and information technology litigation
- Enforcing securities and loan recoveries
- Administrative tribunal hearings
- Building and construction litigation
- The enforcement of business agreements
- Property and lease disputes
- Disputes between directors, shareholders, partners and other business owners
- Disputes involving mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial contract disputes
- Actions arising out of personal and corporate insolvency
- Actions against borrowers and guarantors
- Securities and loan recoveries enforcement
- Borrowers, lenders, guarantors and directors actions