A business disputes specialist, Catherine is a trusted advisor to businesses and individuals in obtaining successful outcomes.
Businesses rely on Catherine as a trusted advisor as well as lawyer in guiding them through complex litigation and disputes. This trusting relationship developed with her clients sees Catherine as an in-demand lawyer who understands the commercial realities of being involved in a dispute.
Working across a number of industries, Catherine specialises in business disputes, including defamation, contractual disputes, and trusts disputes. She is a versatile litigator adept at handling any challenge and is well respected for her ability to work across a number of areas and industries.
Client focused and a regular author and presenter, Catherine regularly advises on defamation, partnership, shareholder and contractual disputes, misleading and deceptive conduct claims, compulsory acquisition, PPSR, and reinstatement of companies. She regularly works with Counsel and appears on behalf of clients in proceedings in all Victorian State and Federal Courts.
Catherine has been interviewed on ABC Radio National and has been published by publications such as Smart Company, Industry Insider Magazine, Association of Corporate Counsel and Australia Property Journal.
- Providing advice regarding submissions to Banking Royal Commission.
- Successfully negotiating a settlement for an executive against a large multinational company.
- Acting for a family defamed by a newspaper (in print and online) to obtain a successful settlement offer and public apology from the newspaper.
- Acting for well-known companies in disputes with their franchisees and negotiating successful outcomes for the franchisors.
- Successfully acting in a commercial arbitration regarding grain trade.
- Acting for a defendant in a large misleading and deceptive conduct claim after a sale of business – winning the Court proceedings.
- Acting in a number of significant partnership disputes and negotiating a successful outcome for the client in each case.
- Advising and guiding various business people through personal insolvency and coming to very favourable arrangements with creditors.
- Acting for liquidators in many public examinations of high profile company directors.
- Strategically prosecuting and defending unfair preference claims.