Australians have an abundance of opportunities to establish a franchise system or enter into a franchise agreement. Understanding the franchising business model and the Australian legal landscape requires a partnership that goes beyond the everyday.
We provide practical, easy-to-understand and commercial guidance aimed at supporting Franchisors and Franchisees with legal services that match their business perfectly; allowing them to take the initial steps of growth with confidence right through to assisting established businesses with specialist advice they can rely on.
From franchise system establishment, transaction due diligence, agreements and disclosure documents, business structures, commercial and retail leasing, joint ventures and partnership agreements and branding and intellectual property, our multidisciplinary team draw upon our business advisory and litigation areas to address the broad nature of legal needs associated with entering, establishing or operating a franchise system.
Additionally, our team is an active member of the Franchise Council of Australia and has an established network of accountants, business advisors and brokers to assist where required.
- Franchise system establishment
- Franchise due diligence
- Franchising Code of Conduct compliance
- Franchise agreements and disclosure documents
- Business structures appropriate for franchise systems
- Supplier and terms of trade agreements
- Commercial and retail leasing, as well as general property advice
- Trade practices advice, including ACCC notification/authorisations
- Acquisition, disposal, joint venture and partnership advice
- Employment and workplace relations
- Transfer of assets and ownership
- Tax, duty and GST advice
- Branding, intellectual property and trademarks
- Litigation and dispute resolution
We are proud of our long-standing relationships with franchises across an array of industries including:
- B2B services
- Child care operators
- Health care and aged care providers
- Hospitality, entertainment and restaurant outlets
- Property service providers
- Serviced apartments
- Sports sector providers