COVID-19 has upended life for businesses across Australia and the world and we enter a period of uncertainty littered with unknowns. Yet in these uncertain times, one thing is certain. We’re here to help in any way we can.
We are therefore proud to offer the Madgwicks Lawyers Coronavirus and the Law Resources Hub. We hope you find value in this page whilst navigating the challenging months ahead.
If you would like Madgwicks' insights and updates delivered directly to your inbox, subscribe here.
- All good things must come to an end (including JobKeeper)…
- JobKeeper 2.0 – turnover test and payment changes
- How Australia Post delays might impact you
- How to invest your time productively in your business whilst social distancing
- Coronavirus and the Law: Business Cash Flow Boost
- JobKeeper Payment - Rules issued
- The best way to protect money invested into a business in light of COVID-19
- Now is the time to check your terms and conditions and protect yourself!
- Treasury: JobKeeper Payment: Supporting businesses to retain jobs
- Business Victoria: Coronavirus business support
- ATO: COVID-19 Hub
- ACCC: Managing the Impacts of COVID-19 Disruption on consumers and Businesses, COVID-19 taskforce priority areas
- Business Australia: Coronavirus Information and support for business
- ACCC: Small Business Hub
- Australian Banking Association: The Business Relief Package
- The Beginning of the End: FAQs from Landlords and Tenants regarding COVID-19 Rent Relief
- Warning Tenants: Your rent relief application is probably not compliant. Take our quiz to confirm your compliance.
- Attention Landlords and Tenants: first Supreme Court case “steps out” on COVID-19 legislative scheme
- Changes to FIRB thresholds - impact on commercial leases
- What a relief…the regulations for rent relief under commercial and retail leases affected by COVID-19 are here: A comprehensive guide for landlords and tenants navigating COVID-19
- Land Tax Relief Confirmed
- The COVID-19 Code – what we know so far about the National Code for Commercial Tenancies
- Attention Landlords and Tenants – a Q&A about COVID-19
- Valuer and Retail Leases Update – COVID-19 and tenants
- Commercial leases and the Coronavirus
- Can employers make the COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for staff?
- How not to performance manage employees working from home during COVID-19!
- Extended Stand Down Powers Under JobKeeper
- Unpaid Pandemic Leave and Annual Leave changes to Modern Awards
- Changes to the Clerks - Private Sector Award 2010
- What do I need to do if I require my employees to work from home as a result of the Coronavirus?
- Can employers stand down employees without pay in response to Coronavirus?
- Department of Health and Human Services: How to prepare your COVID Safe Plan
- National COVID-19 Commission Advisory Board: Have a COVID-19 Plan
- Fair Work Ombudsman: Coronavirus and Australian workplace laws
- Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry: COVID-19 resources for business
- The Treasury: JobKeeper Payment
- VicHealth: Free resources for improving workplace wellbeing
- Safe Work Australia: COVID-19 Information for workplaces
- Where are all the insolvencies? An analysis of the figures
- What the Federal Government can do to help companies restructure post September 2020 – and it doesn’t involve more stimulus packages
- What do you do once the gates are opened for the ‘wolves’ to roam free? A better strategy for a business dealing with the financial impact of coronavirus
- Changes to Statutory Demands, Bankruptcy Notices and Insolvent Trading Provisions
- My customer has an administrator / liquidator appointed – what should I do?
- I am concerned about my customer not being able to pay me
- Australian Financial Security Authority: Coronavirus and changes to Bankruptcy laws
- Australian Institute of Company Directors: Getting through the coronavirus financial downturn: a guide for directors
- Fair Work Ombudsman: Bankruptcy and Liquidation
- Australian Financial Security Authority: COVID-19 and updated advice from the Inspector General
- Australian Government: Coronavirus information and support for business
- Export Finance Australia: Finance support for Australian exporters
- State Revenue Office: Tax relief for eligible businesses
- Business Victoria: Business Support Fund Assistance for Victorian Businesses impacted by COVID-19
- ASIC: COVID 19 Information Hub
- Foreign Investment Review Board: Changes to foreign investment framework
- Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT): COVID-19 Response
- Administrative Appeals Tribunal: COVID-19 temporary changes to our services
- Magistrates' Court of Victoria: Your questions answered during COVID-19
- County Court Victoria: COVID-19 divisional responses
- Supreme Court of Victoria: Coronavirus Information
- Federal Court of Australia: COVID-19 response
- High Court of Australia: About the Registry and COVID-19 response
- Australian Attorney-General’s Department: Courts and legal issues FAQ
Need interstate or international assistance?
Madgwicks is a key member of Meritas – a global alliance of 191 business law firms with 7,561 lawyers in 97 countries. Meritas firms work together to provide clients with a local legal partner with deep international resources. Meritas firms offer the full service a client expects yet with cost-efficiency, global research and personal attention unmatched by national law firms.
You can have confidence that wherever your legal requirements are in the world, Madgwicks and Meritas will collaborate to ensure the highest level of service and expertise is at your disposal.