Joseph is an experienced lawyer practicing in dispute resolution and insolvency. He regularly practices and appears in all state and federal jurisdictions. In addition, Joseph is often engaged to represent clients in international and domestic arbitrations.
Joseph’s commercial litigation experience includes complex corporate and commercial disputes, equity and trusts disputes, injunctions including asset preservation orders and property disputes including sale of land contract disputes, caveat and mortgage disputes. In addition, Joseph regularly assists clients in contested probate and intestate estate disputes.
Joseph also works on a broad range of complex corporate and personal insolvency and reconstruction matters, acting for liquidators, administrators, receivers, trustees, private companies, individuals and directors.
Regularly assisting accountants, insolvency practitioners, shareholders, directors and small to medium enterprises, Joseph enjoys helping clients navigate contested proceedings by developing ways to resolve matters efficiently and commercially.
- Acting for liquidators and defendants in recovery proceedings including unfair preference claims, insolvent trading claims and unreasonable director related transaction claims.
- Acting for the beneficiary of a deceased multimillion-dollar estate under Part IV of the Administration Probate Act.
- Acted for beneficiaries of an intestate estate involving $4 million in assets.
- Acting for caveators and registered proprietors in claims arising under the Transfer of Land and Sale of Land Act.
- Acted for a development company in a complex shareholder dispute involving $3 million in assets.
- Acting for claimants and respondents in domestic and international arbitrations.
- Acting for respondents under the Confiscation Act and Proceeds of Crime Act regime.
- Acting on behalf of liquidators and individuals in public examinations.