A telecommunications, retail and commercial leasing expert, Rohan is a property specialist with an enviable reputation. He is an integral advisor to his many clients and uses his unparalleled industry knowledge to provide pragmatic legal advice that is focused on a commercial outcome.
In addition to specialisations within the retail leasing, commercial leasing and telecommunications leasing space, Rohan is an expert in the valuation industry and is highly sought after by industry professionals. Rohan possesses a deep understanding and expertise of the valuation and retail industry and is regularly called upon to assist with specialist knowledge for market rent reviews.
Rohan is also highly experienced in managing high volume leasing portfolios on a national scale and has led his team in advising a major telecommunications carrier on the leasing and licensing of more than 5,000 sites throughout Australia.
Rohan has over 25 years’ of experience advising major corporations, government bodies, developers, vendors and purchasers, as well as landlords on a broad range of property law issues. He also acts for developers and investors on the acquisition and sale of commercial properties, as well as a number of CBD and CBD fringe properties.
Rohan is a fellow of the Australian Property Institute and is responsible for the legal training of valuers to be obtain accreditation under the Retail Leases Act 2003 and sits with the Victorian Small Business Commissioner to examine and award accreditation to valuers.
Rohan is often appointed as an expert to determine legal questions under dispute and gives expert opinions on retail leasing matters.
Rohan regularly releases his popular Valuer and Retail Leases Updates. You can subscribe to receive the updates here.
- Acting on the national portfolio for a telecommunications carrier across various states and projects.
- Exclusively manages a number of portfolios on behalf of retail landlords in relation to shopping centres as well as retail and commercial buildings in the Melbourne CBD, inner Melbourne suburbs and south-eastern fringe.
- Acted for an unlisted fund in relation to national leasing arrangements with government entities.
- Acted on behalf of the purchaser of a central Melbourne property ($157 million).
- Advised a client on the sale of a central Melbourne property ($80 million).
- Acted on behalf of an unlisted fund in relation to the sale of a property asset ($9 million).
- Prepared ancillary agreements with respect to car parking licences and default notices and exercising landlords' rights of re-entry on a high-rise office tower on the fringe of Melbourne's CBD.
- Advised on mixed retail and commercial leasing for a building in Melbourne CBD.
- Advises on leasing new commercial offices prior to sale as part of development offering for various clients, mostly in the outer Melbourne suburbs.
- Acts for a number of private corporations and advises both landlords and tenant on rights under the Retail Leases Act 2003.
- Acts for clients involved in complex leasing and property disputes.
- Advises in mediations at the Victorian Small Business Commission.
- Advises landlords, tenants and property valuers on market rent reviews and valuations.
- Acting for landlords and tenants in relation to COVID-19 affected leases.
- Assisting a luxury retailer in relation to its leases across various states affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.